How to accept
How to accept EBT payments and become a SNAP retailer
To accept EBT/SNAP payments at your store, you apply online through Food and Nutrition Services (FNS). Once you have applied, you will need to wait for authorization. After you have been authorized, you can select an approved third-party processor to accept EBT payments.
Accepting SNAP benefits is a great way to increase your revenue. This step-by-step guide will help you learn how to become a SNAP retailer and accept SNAP benefits at your retail store.
Apply to accept EBT by registering
for a USDA eAuthentication account
This gives you access to the online application.
You must have a valid email address. When you are approved to accept EBT payments, your approval and FNS number will be sent to this email address.
Gather All the Information
and Documentation You Need
- Name, Home Addresses, & Social Security NumbersGather information for ALL owners/partners/officers/ members of the business.
- Estimated or Actual SalesList for EACH category of items in your store (including tobacco, lottery, alcohol, etc.)
- Details About the Products in Your StoreInclude categories, variety, and stocking levels of food items.
- Banking InformationLocate for the account where you want your SNAP deposits to go.
- EBT processor contact information(provider name, phone number, address, website) for the EBT processing equipment.
1200 Williams Dr. Ste. 1210,
Marietta, GA 30066
Not sure if you qualify to apply
to accept EBT payments at your store?
Take our quick, 10-question SNAP Quiz to determine if your store meets all requirements for becoming a SNAP retailer or if you still have some work to do.
Go to USDA Website and Click
"Sign In" to Complete Your Application
You have up to 30 days to complete the application once you apply to accept EBT payments in your store, so you can stop & return to the application as much as you need to.
Check the Status of Your Application
While you’re waiting to receive your approval email and FNS number, you can check the status of your application.
Get Started with EBT Processing
Start accepting SNAP payments with simple, unlimited EBT processing from goEBT. You may be able to get started with cash only benefits while you wait for your application to be approved.
Call goEBT at 855.826.0920 or complete this form to determine if you are eligible for cash only benefits right now or to learn more about goEBT’s reliable, unlimited EBT processing service.